The Bright Weights 500g Soft Ankle Straps (Pair) are under the Weights category is available. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
- A lot of divers suffer from the condition known as “floaty feet” This is generally a common phenomenon, being found mostly with female divers. It also occurs with divers wearing lightweight, plastic fins and thick neoprene booties.
- Dry suit divers generally always use ankle weights to prevent the state of “inversion” when using a dry suit.
- Adding ankle weights can help prevent this by bringing your feet down, keeping you streamlined and perfectly horizontal in the water
- These 500g or 1kg ankle straps are soft and comfortable and add a little extra weight to the ankles for fin light divers.
- Weight not adjustable
- ECO friendly
- Computerised quad stitching
- Stainless sliders (on 1kg units)
- Soft and comfortable
- Supplied as a pair
- Available in 500g & 1Kg
Diving Weights and Weightbelts:
Weights are critical to Scuba diving. Clients need to be correctly weighted in order to enjoy the dive.
Most clients make the error of placing too many weights on their weight belts. You now end up struggling on the dive because you are overweighted.
Remember that the purpose of the weights is not to pull you down, but to compensate for the buoyancy of the wetsuit. The average person is neutrally buoyant in a costume in the pool. We simply add the weights to aid us in taking the wetsuit down which is incredibly buoyant.
We stand by the philosophy of diving with as little weights as possible so that you don’t have to keep inflating your BC at depth and drastically increasing your Drag Profile underwater.